Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett



I started this book last year, but I figure it counts because I finished it this year.

I used to share a Kindle account with some friends. This book was purchased by them and I had heard of it and so last summer I figured, what the hell I'll give it a try.

I didn't like it, so I stopped reading it, moving on to something else. Probably Glee fanfic. ;)

I decided to give it another shot a few days before the new year. I struggled through the beginning of the book. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to read this book. It was slow. It was in a heavy dialect. It was kinda boring. And then... I don't know, I guess I just gave myself over to the story and I really enjoyed it.

I have no idea if this book counts as good for me or not. It's not my typical reading fare, but its not like its Hemingway or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment