Tuesday, March 22, 2011

11. Duma Key by Stephen King












I mentioned in a previous review that I have read almost all of King's work. I started with Pet Sematary back when I was around 13 and have never really stopped. He is also one of the few authors whose work I collect in hardback. Which is a shame because a) his books are huge and heavy b) hardbacks are expensive. But since I started buying his books in hardback way back when I can't really change now. Yes, I do have a touch of OCD... And yes, it does bother me that the Dark Tower books were trade paperback books. And no, I'm not obsessive enough to hunt for the super expensive, super rare, ultra collectible hardback of the first one. Not to mention I totally hated the last book in this series so I don't feel like its really necessary to get it in hardback like I did for The Stand which is my favorite of his novels.

Anyway! I found Duma Key to be typical of King's work these days. Not horrible like Gerald's Game but not amazing like The Stand. The story was interesting enough to hold my interest and get me to lug this monstrosity back and forth everyday but not so amazing that I had to stay up late every night to read it.

Another physical book pulled from the bottom shelf of the bookcase, the one where I store all those books I have been getting for the last several years and never found time to read. And I'm not even going to prevaricate on this, so not good for me. Popcorn fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment