Tuesday, March 22, 2011

8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson



The end of the Lisbeth Salander trilogy. Not as action-packed as the second book, but certainly not boring like the first one. It wrapped up the story and managed to do it in a way that had me engaged and engrossed throughout.

I had a weird sense of sadness when I finished this book. It was like saying goodbye to a good friend who is moving to another state. You know you can call or e-mail, but your relationship is gonna change cause they aren't gonna be there for you like they used to. Sure, I can re-read or even see the movies but... it will be a little different.

As for the movies, I have been reluctant to watch them. I hear Noomi Rapace is amazing as Lisbeth and I do eventually want to see them, but I think I need to put enough distance between the books and my eventual viewing of the movies. Plus I will have to be in the right frame of mind to read subtitles and lately I simply don't have the patience for that.

The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning toward popular fiction books like this are not really good for me. This makes me super sad as so far I really only have 1/8 books I can definitely say are good for me. I was so excited to read this I went and purchased the hardback version as I simply couldn't wait for it to be paperback.

Since I'm differentiating I might have to do a post about my thoughts on e-books vs print books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment