Tuesday, March 22, 2011

10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



Oh my gosh, another good for me book!!! I have never seen this movie, nor read the book. I didn't know what the story was about other than a vague idea that it was probably going to end happily, that there was a Mr. Darcy in it, that Colin Firth had played Mr. Darcy and that he is the romantic lead of the novel. Oh, and that Elizabeth Bennet is a well thought of female protagonist.

I think perhaps waiting until later in life to read so beloved a novel may have been a mistake. It was a trifle disappointing. Not a bad book, and I think maybe I will enjoy the movie when I get around to watching it, but I didn't really think much of Elizabeth. And Mr. Darcy annoyed me to no end throughout the book.

My big conundrum is which version of the movie should I watch? The BBC miniseries with Firth? The Keira Knightley version? Or should I go all the way back and see Olivier play Darcy? Decisions, decisions.

I do have the zombie version of this book and plan on reading it, but wanted a bit of distance before tackling it.

Read the digital version.

No comments:

Post a Comment