Tuesday, March 22, 2011

6. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery



I love Dorothy Snarker. I find her sense of humor and her interests coincide with mine pretty regularly. They can diverge (I didn't like Bitch Slap AT.ALL. and I'm not a Tina Fey/30 Rock fan) but in general we enjoy a lot of the same things. So when she went on and on about Anne of Green Gables I figured, oh what the hell maybe its time to see what the fuss is all about. Thank you again Project Gutenberg for access to books for free. ;)

Anne was tough for me to love. She was annoyingly cheerful and exuberant and exasperatingly upbeat and chatty. However, like everyone she meets in the books I eventually ended up completely enchanted by her. I also couldn't help but find massive subtext between her and Diana. I'm just saying.

Once again... good for me? It wasn't written for kids, but now is considered a children's book. Not sure where that leaves this. Read in the digital format.

No comments:

Post a Comment